Take a look at the top of your screen. How many tabs do you currently have open?
It is more than likely that you have tabs taking up the whole width of your screen, which is completely normal.
Carnegie Mellon University have carried out a study to analyse the ways in which we use internet browser tabs, identifying some of the problems that could occur.
This study discovered that almost a third of participants had a huge problem with keeping tabs open and were ultimately ‘browser tab hoarding’
A considerable amount of people said they struggled to find any pages they wanted to revisit due to the mass number of tabs, which was also the cause of their computer crashing.
OneTab – The perfect tool to overcome this issue
OneTab is a free Google Chrome extension that allows you to store multiple tabs in one. It is a simple and easy tool to download and use and will be beneficial in clearing cluster, allowing your machine to operate much quicker.
You are able to download it like any other extension or application and it will activate on your browser. You are able to pin it to your taskbar and you must simply click it to activate it.
To download OneTab you must:
- Click this link – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/onetab/chphlpgkkbolifaimnlloiipkdnihall?hl=en
- Click Add to Chrome
- Select Add Extension
- To check if its installed, go to Google Chrome and click the three dots in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Go to settings
- Click Extensions under the Advanced section
- OneTab should be there with the blue Enable button present
- Select the Extensions option in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Click OneTab (You can also pin it to your taskbar here)
- OneTab should now be active and displaying all your current open tabs in a single tab